From 20 August 2018 the following forms of identifications will be accepted to book and take a driver theory test (including CPC):
List of Acceptable ID
- Public Services Card
- Passports (valid for international use only)
- Irish Passport Cards
- National Identity Card from EU/EEA Member States or Switzerland
- Irish Category B (Car) or Category A (Motorcycle) Learner Permit or Full Driving Licence
Test Category A&B
Candidates must bring their identification with them on the day of your test.
ATTENTION ALL CANDIDATES:
Please note the following requirements:
- Please ensure you follow the instructions clearly when entering your details during the booking process.
- Spelling of the name on the Identification with which you book your test must match the spelling of your name on the Identification exactly that you will present at the test centre.
- All candidates must present their valid and in date identification from the list of acceptable ID above
- You must ensure you use your full name as displayed on your identification when making your booking.
If any of the above are not adhered to, you may not be allowed to test and will forfeit your fee.
Test Category C & D
In addition to the identification requirement detailed above Test Category C & D Candidates must also bring with them:
- A current Category C or D Irish Learner Permit
- A full current Category C or D Irish Driving Licence, (or one from an EU/EEA member state or Switzerland)
- A full current Category B Irish Driving Licence (or one from an EU/EEA member state or Switzerland)